Digitrax DN163K0B DCC Decoder - N Drop-in Board for Kato F3 A & B
- Backorders Accepted
Save More With Volume Discounts…
|Buy 5 - 9||$29.79 each|
|Buy 10 or above||$28.88 each|
Designed to fit the Kato N scale F3 A & B
Golden-White LEDs for added realism
Decoder Lock equipped
Series 3 Decoder Features
- Series 3 decoders with 6 functions have FX3 function outputs
- Torque compensation
- SuperSonic motor drive for quiet operation (silent operation)
- Support for all DCC programming methods as of the time of release
- Operations mode read back capability for CV read back on the main line
- Scaleable Speed Stabilization (Adjustable Back EMF)
- One Step decoder Factory CV reset (CV08=8 or CV8=9 to preserve loadable speed tables)
- Motor Isolation Protection
- White or Golden Yellow LEDs on decoders that come equipped with LEDs
- Series 3 decoders with less than 6 functions have a modified set of features
FX3 Function outputs for prototypical lighting effects and on/off control:
- Constant Brightness Lighting with directional or independent control.
- Realistic Effects like Ditch lights, Mars lights, strobes, and many more
- FX3 & Standard Function Qualifiers operate functions based on direction,
- F0 on or off, direction and F0, and whether loco is moving.
- FX3 effects optimized for selectable LED or lamp operation
- Configurable FX3 Pulse Function available on all function outputs.
- Function Remapping for custom function setup.
- Master Light Switch turns off all lights & functions with one keystroke.
- Advanced Consist Function Controls
Digitrax LocoMotion® System-Your locomotives look like the real thing.
- The Digitrax LocoMotion System makes them run like the real thing, too!
- Torque Compensation for smooth as silk silent operation.
- 128 Speed Step operation (14 or 28 steps can also be used).
- Momentum with acceleration and deceleration.
- Normal Direction of Travel is user selectable.
- Switching Speed feature for easier and faster access to yard speeds.
- 3 Step Speed Tables set start, mid and max voltage for custom control.
- 28 Step Speed Tables with 256 level resolution for precise control.
Program CVs using any Digitrax Compatible Control system without having to buy any extra equipment.
Digitrax Real FX3
- Turn functions on and off.
- Head lights and tail lights are automatically reversing unless you make them independent.
- All function outputs have FX generators for prototypical lighting effects and have qualifiers for FX effects and qualifiers for standard on/off functions.
- All Digitrax Series 3 decoders have FX3type functions.
- FX3 decoders offer full function mapping so you can choose which function (F0-F12) controls each function lead.
- FX3 decoders offer master light switch capability.
- FX3decoders offer qualifiers for FX function operation qualified by one of the following: the loco's direction of travel, whether F0 is on or off, loco direction and F0, or whether the loco is moving or not. These qualifiers are also available on function outputs that are used as standard on/off functions.
Motor Isolation Note: FX3 decoders have motor isolation protection. If the decoder senses that the motor is not isolated, it will not run the motor. In this case, you will be able to control the loco’s functions but the motor will not work.
Here is an explantion of how the CVs that control FX3 effects work. Most modern Digitrax systems do not use hexadecimal format but it is provided here in case you need it for older systems.
CV 49-52, CV113-116, CV62 & 63: Digitrax Real FX3 Special Light Effects
Decoders with FX3 features have 8 user configurable, independent special effects generators. These are set up by programming CV values as described below. If your decoder is not a “series 3” decoder, please check the spec sheet to determine which type of functions it supports.
FX3 functions incorporate FX generators with additional dynamic and static qualifiers. FX3 functions are fully remappable so they can be controlled by any function key on your system. A master light switch can be set up to turn off all lights on a locomotive. Functions associated with advanced consists can be controlled, too.
Size: 0.5485 x 2.2165 w/o LEDs x .1015 (13.99mm x 56.30mm x 2.5mm)
Motor Rating: 1.25 Amp
- Functions: (6) 150mA outputs (500mA Total)
- BEMF: Yes
Protocol: NMRA DCC Compliant (Multi-Protocol Options Available)
- Transponding: Digitrax
- Additional Features: Fwd and Rev Trim Adjustment
Manufacturers Website: Digitrax