Digitrax SDN144A1 Sound DCC Decoder - N Drop-in Board for Atlas SD60, SD60M, SD50 and others
- Backorders Accepted
Save More With Volume Discounts…
|Buy 5 - 9||$51.51 each|
|Buy 10 or above||$49.93 each|
Board replacement SoundFX®/motor/FX3 function decoder for N Scale Atlas SD50/60 diesels
- Board replacement decoder for N Scale Atlas SD50/60 diesels
- Preloaded with our SD50/60 sound scheme
- 4 FX3 Functions
Visit Digitrax Sound Depot to learn how to customize the sound project in your decoder and how to download different sound projects.
- 1 Amp Continuous/1.3 Amp Peak Rating
- 10mm x 18mm 8 Ohm oval speaker
- 100uF capacitor
- Full Digitrax Series 4 mobile decoder feature sey
- Speed Tables
- Simplified Scaleable Back EMF
- Advanced Consisting
- Forward and Reverse Trim
- Supersonic Motor Drive
- Decoder Lock and much more
- Use PR3 and SoundLoader Software to download your own fully customizable sound scheme to the
- No external sensor required for sound workload
SoundFX™ Sound System Features
- Your locomotives will sound in scale like the real thing with SoundFX™
- Customizable 8 Bit Sound 3 simultaneous voices
- Downloadable Sound with Digitrax PR2/3 and SoundLoader software
- 4 Megabit Onboard Sound Memory 1 Watt Sound Output
- 4 CV-selectable Horn choices in factory preloaded scheme Cam input-synchronized steam-chuff option for steam loco use
- Drop in Light board replacement for easy install.
- Speaker included with most models
- Smart Power Management-no more booster or programmer shutdowns! No extra equipment needed to program or run
- SoundFX™ does not require an external rate sensor to vary workload.
- Digitrax LocoMotion® System-Your locomotives look like the real thing. The Digitrax LocoMotion® System makes them run like the real thing, too!
- SuperSonic motor drive for silent operation.
- Digitrax FX3 Functions-Control lights and functions for prototypical light- ing effects and on/off control:
- Transponder ID Equipped ready for transponding on your Layout
- Program CV’s using any Digitrax Compatible Control system without having to buy any extra equipment
- Direct mode programming
- Operations Mode Programming
- Decoder Reset CV with or without speed table reset.
- Motor Isolation Protection helps prevent damage to your decoder.
- Basic, Advanced & UniVersal Consisting
- 2 Digit and 4 Digit Addressing
- DCC Compatible
- Digitrax “no worries” warranty
- FCC Part 15, Class B RFI compliant
Series 4 SoundFX Decoder Features
First generation SoundFX decoders
Most are mobile, sound and function decoders, some are sound and function only decoders.
Series 3 Decoder Features
- Series 3 decoders with 6 functions have FX3 function outputs
- Torque compensation
- SuperSonic motor drive for quiet operation (silent operation)
- Support for all DCC programming methods as of the time of release
- Operations mode read back capability for CV read back on the main line
- Scaleable Speed Stabilization (Adjustable Back EMF)
- One Step decoder Factory CV reset (CV08=8 or CV8=9 to preserve loadable speed tables)
- Motor Isolation Protection
- White or Golden Yellow LEDs on decoders that come equipped with LEDs
- Series 3 decoders with less than 6 functions have a modified set of features
FX3 Function outputs for prototypical lighting effects and on/off control:
- Constant Brightness Lighting with directional or independent control.
- Realistic Effects like Ditch lights, Mars lights, strobes, and many more
- FX3 & Standard Function Qualifiers operate functions based on direction,
- F0 on or off, direction and F0, and whether loco is moving.
- FX3 effects optimized for selectable LED or lamp operation
- Configurable FX3 Pulse Function available on all function outputs.
- Function Remapping for custom function setup.
- Master Light Switch turns off all lights & functions with one keystroke.
- Advanced Consist Function Controls
Digitrax LocoMotion® System-Your locomotives look like the real thing.
- The Digitrax LocoMotion System makes them run like the real thing, too!
- Torque Compensation for smooth as silk silent operation.
- 128 Speed Step operation (14 or 28 steps can also be used).
- Momentum with acceleration and deceleration.
- Normal Direction of Travel is user selectable.
- Switching Speed feature for easier and faster access to yard speeds.
- 3 Step Speed Tables set start, mid and max voltage for custom control.
- 28 Step Speed Tables with 256 level resolution for precise control.
Program CVs using any Digitrax Compatible Control system without having to buy any extra equipment.
Digitrax Real FX3
- Turn functions on and off.
- Head lights and tail lights are automatically reversing unless you make them independent.
- All function outputs have FX generators for prototypical lighting effects and have qualifiers for FX effects and qualifiers for standard on/off functions.
- All Digitrax Series 3 decoders have FX3type functions.
- FX3 decoders offer full function mapping so you can choose which function (F0-F12) controls each function lead.
- FX3 decoders offer master light switch capability.
- FX3decoders offer qualifiers for FX function operation qualified by one of the following: the loco's direction of travel, whether F0 is on or off, loco direction and F0, or whether the loco is moving or not. These qualifiers are also available on function outputs that are used as standard on/off functions.
Motor Isolation Note: FX3 decoders have motor isolation protection. If the decoder senses that the motor is not isolated, it will not run the motor. In this case, you will be able to control the loco’s functions but the motor will not work.
Here is an explantion of how the CVs that control FX3 effects work. Most modern Digitrax systems do not use hexadecimal format but it is provided here in case you need it for older systems.
CV 49-52, CV113-116, CV62 & 63: Digitrax Real FX3 Special Light Effects
Decoders with FX3 features have 8 user configurable, independent special effects generators. These are set up by programming CV values as described below. If your decoder is not a “series 3” decoder, please check the spec sheet to determine which type of functions it supports.
FX3 functions incorporate FX generators with additional dynamic and static qualifiers. FX3 functions are fully remappable so they can be controlled by any function key on your system. A master light switch can be set up to turn off all lights on a locomotive. Functions associated with advanced consists can be controlled, too.
Preloaded with Dual SD60/SD40 sound scheme
Size: 0.38 x 3.1 x 0.16 Inch (76.2 x 9.5 x 4.0 mm)
- Connection: Drop-In
- Motor Rating: 1.0 Amp
- Functions: (4) 200mA outputs (800mA Total)
- BEMF: Yes
- Sound: 3 Channel 8-Bit Processor, Programmable, 4 MBit Memory - See Manufactures Website for Options
- Speaker Rating: 10x18 mm Speaker Included - Requires Speakers Rated at 1.0W, 8 ohm
Capacitor: External - 330mF
Protocol: NMRA DCC Compliant (Multi-Protocol Options Available)
- Transponding: Digitrax
- Additional Features: Sound Sync Input, Fwd and Rev Trim Adjustment
Manufacturers Website: DigitraxSpecifications
3.26” x 0.369” x 0.132”
Board Replacement (read more)Function Outputs
4-200mA (read more)Function Type
FX3 (read more)Features
Series 4 (read more)Current Rating
1.0 Amp (1.3 Amps Peak)
10mm x 18mm Oval 8 Ohms
100uF (6.25mm round x 7.8mm high)
Onboard Sound Memory
No Worries Warranty (read more)