SoundTraxx 884011 TSU-1100 Tsunami 2 DCC Sound Decoder - Big Steam - Hardwire
- Backorders Accepted
The TSU-Big Steam is a limited edition decoder available in 3 board formats. This decoder features a true UP Big Boy recording! Previously this sound file was only offered in Athearn factory installed decoders, but now you can get it on our web store. This decoder is available in 3 board formats: TSU-1100, TSU-2200, and TSU-21PNEM8. You will also get all of the features that you know and love from our Tsunami2 decoder line including: Reactive Dynamic Digital Exhaust, Functioning locomotive and train brakes, injectors, power reverse, and firebox flicker. We also offer a large selection of selectable sound effects including: bells (12), Whistles (90+), couplers, dynamos and more!
The Tsunami2 TSU-1100
The TSU-1100 is one of our smallest sound decoders, yet is packed with a plethora of high-performance features! You will feel like you are in the cab with the amazing new features that Tsunami2 has to offer including: Reactive Dynamic Digital Exhaust, Functioning locomotive and train brakes, injectors, power reverse, and firebox flicker. We also offer a large selection of selectable sound effects including: exhaust chuffs(10), prime movers (up to 12), bells (12), Whistles (90), airhorns (40+), couplers, dynamos and more!
This micro 1-amp, universal-style format is ideal for small models with minimal space. It includes an optional capacitor or can be wired to CurrentKeeper (P.N. 810140 or 810160) to maintain performance over dirty track and switches.
Need Help Choosing a Sound Profile?
We have tons of sounds to match a wide range of locomotives. So many, in fact, we cannot fit them all on one decoder. Therefore, they are broken up into sound profiles of like sounds (Steam, EMD, GE, Electric, etc.). If you don't know which sound profile you need, the best place to start is the Sound Selection References. These will list all the prime movers or exhaust chuffs available on each sound profile. If you need further assistance explore these links:
- Decoder Selector: Tells you which board format and part number you need for specific models.
- Sound Samples: Hear our sounds in action!
- Choosing the Right Sound System: If you are new to SoundTraxx, model railroading, or are unfamiliar with our products.
- Sound Selection References: There are several for each decoder and they can be found below or in the Manuals section of our website.
DYNAMIC DIGITAL EXHAUST
For added realism, you’ll love our reactive Dynamic Digital Exhaust (DDE) feature. When your locomotive is traveling across flat terrain and simply maintaining speed, you will hear your locomotive chugging along. But, when the locomotive encounters a grade and the engineer applies more throttle to get the train up the hill, the engine sounds will automatically react and reflect the increase of power needed to crest the hill. DDE accomplishes this by calculating the changes in strain or load on the motor and adjusting the exhaust to appropriately simulate the work the engineer would be doing to the throttle of the engine. This gives Tsunami2 the ability to create the most realistic experience possible.
HIGH QUALITY SOUND LIBRARY
Our large selection of high quality sound effects include:
- 10 Exhaust Chuffs
- Up to 12 Prime Movers in each sound profile
- Up to 12 Bells
- 90 Whistles
- 40+ Airhorns
- Additional couplers, dynamos, cab chatter and more!
Additional realism can be simulated by adding functioning locomotive and train brakes, injectors, power reverse, firebox flicker and more.
Dimensions: 27 x 10.5 x 5mm
Max. Motor Stall Current: 1A
Max. Function Current: 100mA (each output)
Function Outputs: 4
Audio Amplifier: 1 Watt, 8-Ohm Load
DCC Track Voltage: 7V – 22V
Sound Channels: 16
- Powerful 32-bit processor capable of 16 simultaneous sound channels
- Adjustable reverb and equalizer for the most realistic sound optimization ever!
- Train line charging effect
- More powerful amplifier for increased volume range
- Hyperdrive2 motor control
- Functioning locomotive and train brakes with adjustable braking rates
- 20+ Hyperlight lighting effects
- 4 function outputs
- Standard, 3-point and user-loadable speed curves
- Flex-Map function mapping easily maps any functi on to any key
- Compatible with NMRA DCC Standards & RPs
- Ten new or remastered exhaust chuffs in a single decoder
- Dynamic Digital Exhaust with drifting feature changes under load
- Rod clank and valve packing sounds
- Adjustable exhaust cutoff
- Over 60 whistles
- Selectable compressors, bells, dynamos, couplers, and more
- Fireman Fred sounds for coal-fired, wood, oil, or auger fueled locomotives
- Locomotive servicing sounds
- 2-cylinder and articulated settings plus new 3-cylinder exhaust chuffs
- Cylinder cocks, blowdown and wheelslip effects
- Each diesel version (EMD, GE, etc.) contains up to 9 manufacturer specific prime movers (Turbo, Non-turbo, etc.)
- First ever Diesel Dynamic Digital Exhaust (DDE) for a more authentic operati ng experience
- Startup, shutdown and exhaust through 8 notches
- Automatic or manual notching
- Functioning dynamic brake with variable load sound and adjustable braking rate
- Over 40 air horns
- Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
- First ever Fireman Ed is ready to work on the locomotive, with general service, cab sounds and more!
- Clickety-clack, fueling, and authentic cab chatt er add realism
- Prototypically correct HEP modes and steam heat for authentic passenger train operations
- First ever Electric DDE with traction motor whine
- Pantograph operation sounds
- Over 40 airhorns/air whistle selections
- Motorman Omura provides cab sounds, operates doors and services the engine
- Catenary arcing sound and lighting eff ect
- Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
- Clickety-clack and authentic cab chatt er add realism
- Trolley bell, stop requests, and door sounds for trolleys and tracti on models
- Steam heat for authentic passenger train operation
Preloaded Sound Files with Multiple Bells and Horns
Size: 1.1 x 0.41 x 0.19 Inch (27 x 10.5 x 5 mm)
- Connection: Hardwire
- Motor Rating: 1.0 Amp Max
- Functions: (4) 100mA outputs (400mA Total)
- BEMF: Yes
- Sound: Polyphonic 16-Bit Processor, 7-Band Equalizer, Reverb
- Speaker Rating: Speaker Not Included - Requires Speakers Rated at 1.0W, 8 ohm
Capacitor: Hardwired CurrentKeeper connection