SoundTraxx 885026 TSU-N18 V2 Tsunami 2 DCC Sound Decoder - EMD Diesel - NEM662 Next18 Integral Connector
- 885026 V2
- Backorders Accepted
SoundTraxx TSU-N18 V2 Tsunami 2 DCC Sound Decoder - NEM662 Next18 Integral Connector
A true pioneer in the model train industry, SoundTraxx has been creating innovative products for the discriminating model railroader since 1990. We proudly design and manufacture our industry-best products right here in the USA, and our friendly customer support staff work side-by-side with the rest of our product team.
The Tsunami2 TSU-N18
Tsunami2 TSU-N18 Digital Sound Decoders combine high-quality, digital sound and the benefits of today’s Digital Command Station (DCC) technology with a convenient N18 socket connection. SoundTraxx has made the footprint of the TSU-N18 even smaller giving it the ability to fit into an even greater range of N-Scale narrow body locomotives. The small size of our TSU-N18 decoder makes it ideal for both N and small HO models that come equipped with a NEXT18 socket. Installations can’t get any easier. Simply plug this decoder in and enjoy all of the Tsunami2 features you know and love!
Coupled with the new SoundTraxx JST-Next18 Adapter kit (P.N. 810163), the TSU-N18 becomes a smaller, universal-style option than the TSU-1100 and allows you to easily install into non-N18 equipped models.
The NEW Tsunami2 TSU-N18 V2
The new V2 model features a smaller size of this board makes it ideal for both N and small HO models that come equipped with a NEXT18 socket.
Need Help Choosing a Sound Profile?
We have tons of sounds to match a wide range of locomotives. So many, in fact, we cannot fit them all on one decoder. Therefore, they are broken up into sound profiles of like sounds (Steam, EMD, GE, Electric, etc.). If you don't know which sound profile you need, the best place to start is the Sound Selection References. These will list all the prime movers or exhaust chuffs available on each sound profile. If you need further assistance explore these links:
- Decoder Selector: Tells you which board format and part number you need for specific models.
- Sound Samples: Hear our sounds in action!
- Choosing the Right Sound System: If you are new to SoundTraxx, model railroading, or are unfamiliar with our products.
- Sound Selection References: There are several for each decoder and they can be found below or in the Manuals section of our website.
DYNAMIC DIGITAL EXHAUST
For added realism, you’ll love our reactive Dynamic Digital Exhaust (DDE) feature. When your locomotive is traveling across flat terrain and simply maintaining speed, you will hear your locomotive chugging along. But, when the locomotive encounters a grade and the engineer applies more throttle to get the train up the hill, the engine sounds will automatically react and reflect the increase of power needed to crest the hill. DDE accomplishes this by calculating the changes in strain or load on the motor and adjusting the exhaust to appropriately simulate the work the engineer would be doing to the throttle of the engine. This gives Tsunami2 the ability to create the most realistic experience possible.
HIGH QUALITY SOUND LIBRARY
Our large selection of high quality sound effects include:
- 10 Exhaust Chuffs
- Up to 12 Prime Movers in each sound profile
- Up to 12 Bells
- 90 Whistles
- 40+ Airhorns
- Additional couplers, dynamos, cab chatter and more!
You will feel like you are in the cab with the amazing new features that Tsunami2 has to offer including: Reactive Dynamic Digital Exhaust, Functioning locomotive and train brakes, injectors, power reverse, and firebox flicker. We also offer a large selection of selectable sound effects including: exhaust chuffs(10), prime movers (up to 12), bells (12 in each diesel version), Whistles (90), airhorns (40+), couplers, dynamos and more!
Installs can't get any easier, the TSU-N18 simply plugs into models equipped with a NEXT18 socket.
The TSU-N18 can be wired to a CurrentKeeper (P.N. 810140 or 810160) to maintain performance over dirty track and switches.
Dimensions: 25 x 9.5 x 4.1mm
Max. Motor Stall Current: 1A
Max. Function Current: 100mA (each output)
Function Outputs: 6
Audio Amplifier: 1 Watt, 8-Ohm Load
DCC Track Voltage: 7V – 22V
Sound Channels: 16
Common Decoder Features Include:
- Powerful 32-bit processor capable of 16 simultaneous sound channels
- Adjustable reverb and equalizer for the most realistic sound optimization ever!
- Train line charging effect
- More powerful amplifier for increased volume range
- Hyperdrive2 motor control
- Functioning locomotive and train brakes with adjustable braking rates
- 20+ Hyperlight lighting effects
- 4 function outputs
- Standard, 3-point and user-loadable speed curves
- Flex-Map function mapping easily maps any functi on to any key
- Compatible with NMRA DCC Standards & RPs
- Ten new or remastered exhaust chuffs in a single decoder
- Dynamic Digital Exhaust with drifting feature changes under load
- Rod clank and valve packing sounds
- Adjustable exhaust cutoff
- Over 60 whistles
- Selectable compressors, bells, dynamos, couplers, and more
- Fireman Fred sounds for coal-fired, wood, oil, or auger fueled locomotives
- Locomotive servicing sounds
- 2-cylinder and articulated settings plus new 3-cylinder exhaust chuffs
- Cylinder cocks, blowdown and wheelslip effects
- Each diesel version (EMD, GE, etc.) contains up to 9 manufacturer specific prime movers (Turbo, Non-turbo, etc.)
- First ever Diesel Dynamic Digital Exhaust (DDE) for a more authentic operati ng experience
- Startup, shutdown and exhaust through 8 notches
- Automatic or manual notching
- Functioning dynamic brake with variable load sound and adjustable braking rate
- Over 40 air horns
- Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
- First ever Fireman Ed is ready to work on the locomotive, with general service, cab sounds and more!
- Clickety-clack, fueling, and authentic cab chatt er add realism
- Prototypically correct HEP modes and steam heat for authentic passenger train operations
- First ever Electric DDE with traction motor whine
- Pantograph operation sounds
- Over 40 airhorns/air whistle selections
- Motorman Omura provides cab sounds, operates doors and services the engine
- Catenary arcing sound and lighting eff ect
- Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
- Clickety-clack and authentic cab chatt er add realism
- Trolley bell, stop requests, and door sounds for trolleys and tracti on models
- Steam heat for authentic passenger train operation
- Preloaded Sound Files with Multiple Bells and Horns
- Size: 1.0 x 0.41 x 0.16 Inch (25 x 10.5 x 4.1 mm)
- Connection: NEM662 - Next18
- Motor Rating: 1.0 Amp Max
- Functions: (6) 100mA outputs
- BEMF: Yes
- Sound: Polyphonic 16-Bit Processor, 7-Band Equalizer, Reverb
- Speaker Rating: Speaker Not Included - Requires Speakers Rated at 1.0W, 8 ohm
- Capacitor: Solder pad for CurrentKeeper connection
- Protocol: NMRA DCC Compliant (Multi-Protocol Options Available)
- Transponding: Digitrax Compatible
- Additional Features: Digital Sound Sync, Fwd and Rev Trim Adjustment