TCS 2010 KA-N1 N-Scale DCC Decoder Keep-Alive Device - Hardwire
- Backorders Accepted
Save More With Volume Discounts…
|Buy 5 - 9||$17.59 each|
|Buy 10 or above||$17.05 each|
- Dimensions: 0.26” x 0.363” x 0.136” or 6.6mm x 9.2mm x 3.5mm
- Scale: N-Scale
- Input Rating: Less than or equal to 16V DC; 100mA (Max, Self)
- Output Rating: 10V DC (Max); 1000uF
Keep Alive® Decoder Compatibility With TCS Decoders
TCS Keep Alive® (KA) devices are designed to operate with all TCS (or any other Keep Alive® ready) decoders. Decoders with a corresponding socket can be used with the KA4-P. This will be detailed in the decoder literature if the decoder has the socket.
!!!WARNING!!! This product purposely does not include a protective wrapping, in order to minimize the size as much as possible. As a result, the components on the top side are exposed. Ensure there is absolutely no chance of contact with metal surfaces!.
Keep Alive® Decoder Compatibility With Non-TCS Decoders
If you would like to attach a Keep Alive® unit to a non-TCS decoder, you need to connect the wires across the output of the bridge rectifier on the decoder. You will need to consult your decoder manufacturer for a schematic or wiring diagram.
Installation Notes for TCS Decoders
- Refer to the product page for your TCS decoder for compatibility information, such as wiring diagrams, for Keep Alive®.
- Connect the Blue wire from the Keep Alive® to the Blue wire (or otherwise indicated “common” positive Voltage source) of your decoder.
- Connect the Black & White striped wire to the Black & White striped wire wire (or otherwise indicated “ground”) of your decoder.
- That’s it! Your locomotive is ready to run over the most treacherous of tracks.